- Makes 24 servings .
- 1¼ cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups grated carrots (about 4 medium carrots)
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 oz.) block cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a 12×17-inch sheet pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Beat applesauce, sugar and eggs in a large bowl until combined. In a seperate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Gradually beat this mixture into the wet mixture. Fold in carrots. Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
- For Frosting: Beat butter and cream cheese until creamy and fluffy. Add in almond extract and powdered sugar. Beat until smooth.
- Spread on top of cake. Slice into squares and serve!
- Store any leftovers in fridge up to 3 days.
- *The carrots on top are made of colored candy coating. I melted orange and green separately then piped out the carrot design onto parchment paper. Let harden then place on cake.
Nutritional Info :
- Smart points 13