8 oz or 250 g cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup castor sugar (superfine sugar)
1 tbs lemon juice
1/4 cup sour cream
For Carrot Cake:
1 cup All Purpose flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp cinnamon powder
1/8 tsp nutmeg powder
1/8 tsp clove powder
Pinch of salt
1 carrot, grated
1/2 cup castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup oil
2 tbs maple syrup
1/4 cup dried coconut (optional)
1/4 cup raisins
For Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting:
7 oz cream cheese, room temperature
3 tbs butter, room temperature
1 cup icing / powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup ready whipped cream
Toasted whole pecan nuts to decorate
Caramel sauce for topping
1. Preheat oven to 180 C, 350 F. Using a piece of foil and parchment paper bigger than the tin, clip both together onto the bottom of a 6.5 inch spring form pan. (Make sure the pan is at least 3.5 – 4 inches deep) Paper above the foil. Do not trim off excess foil and paper but just bring it up the outer side of the tin. Grease paper and up the sides of the tin.
2. For Cheesecake part:
Beat cream cheese and sugar in a mixer until smooth, scraping down the sides a few times. Add eggs one at a time, then lemon juice and sour cream. Set aside mixture in a bowl.
3. For the Carrot Cake part:
In a separate bowl, sift flour, soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and clove powder and set aside.
4. With a clean mixing bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Gradually add sugar and beat until thick and pale. Add oil slowly, then vanilla and maple syrup. Add the flour mixture in batches and beat until incorporated. With a spatula, fold in the carrot, coconut and raisins.
5. Put 1/2 of cake batter in the prepared pan. Next dollop about 1/3 cup of cheesecake batter on top of the cake batter. Put the rest of the cake batter over this mixture and pour the rest of cheesecake mixture over. DO NOT SWIRL – The batter will ‘swirl’ by itself during cooking!
6. Place the cake in the oven on a medium shelf. Bake for around 60 minutes, until the center is slightly wobbly. Allow to cool and refrigerate until its cold enough to frost.
7. For the Frosting part:
Beat cream cheese for a minute, then add butter. Beat till incorporated. Add sugar and vanilla until fluffy. DO NOT over beat or you will get a runny mixture and have to start over. Fold in whipped cream.
8. To assemble
Remove cooled cheesecake cake from the baking pan and parchment paper. Put onto a plate or cake board.
Source : allrecipes.Com