- 1 3/4 cups (210 grams) Gold Medal Flour® all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats (if using rolled oats, pulse them for few seconds in the food processor)
- 1 1/2 cups (300 grams) Imperial Sugar® brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 14 ounces vanilla caramels , unwrapped
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 cup (6 ounces) unsweetened baking chocolate , chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 5-6 caramels
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 350F. Line a 13×9 inch baking pan with parchment paper , leaving about 1 inch of paper hanging on the sides. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, soda, and salt. Stir in the melted butter and mix until crumbly.
- Press 2/3 of the mixture on the bottom of the prepared pan. Sprinkle with the chopped pecans and chocolate (both the chips and chopped one) over the crust.
- In a small saucepan, combine caramels and heavy cream. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until melted and smooth.
- Pour the caramel in the pan, over the chocolate and pecans.
- Crumble the reserved oatmeal cookie dough over the caramel layer.
- Bake for 23 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Once cooled cut into bars.
- Optional, melt both the remaining caramels and chocolate chips and drizzle over the bars.