- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Serving size: 4-ounce chicken breast and ¼ cup prepared salsa
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- To make the salsa: In a medium bowl, stir together the mango, tomato, onion, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, and salt to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To make the jerk chicken: Place the chicken breasts and jerk seasoning in a large resealable bag. Seal and shake a few times to evenly coat the chicken.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until done, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- Serve the chicken warm topped with the mango salsa.
Per Serving: (4-ounce chicken breast and ¼ cup prepared salsa)
The nutrition content of recipes on Smart Nutrition.has been calculated by Registered Dietitian, Jessica Penner, of