CARAMEL BANANA CREAM PIE RECIPE
For the Graham Cracker Crust:
- 12 graham cracker sheets
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup butter, melted
For the Pie Filling:
- 2 bananas
- 1 11oz package caramels, unwrapped
- 3-4 TBS heavy cream
- 1 3.5 oz instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 3.5 oz instant banana cream pudding mix
- 2½ cups milk
- 8 oz cool whip
- Crush your graham crackers into a fine crumb. (It should make about 1½ cups).
- Mix together your sugar with your graham cracker crumb in a medium sized bowl.
- Pour your melted butter over the top of your crumb and mix it all together.
- Pour your crust mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch pie crust pan and press down on the bottom and the edges.
- Cut your bananas into slices and lay them over your graham cracker crust.
- Combine your caramels and heavy cream in a small sauce pan. Heat over medium until caramels are melted and smooth, stirring throughout.
- Pour caramel over banana slices (reserve about ¼ cup if desired for later).
- Pour your pudding mixes into a large bowl and pour your milk over it and stir together. Add ½ cup of cool whip to the pudding mixture and mix well.
- Pour pudding mixture over caramel and smooth top. Place in fridge to set for about 3 hours.
- Top with remaining cool whip and additional bananas before serving.
**Pie should be eaten with 1 or 2 days, pudding and caramel becomes liquidy and no longer set after this time.