- 2 oz. fresh mozzarella pearls (or fresh mozzarella cut into ½ inch cubes)
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt, divided
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow summer squash
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 (6 oz.) chicken breasts
- Optional: extra balsamic vinegar for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, add the mozzarella, sliced basil, halved tomatoes, vinegar, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Gently mix to combine. Set aside.
- Cut the ends off the zucchini. Cut it in half, lengthwise. Then, cut it into ½ inch slices (making a half moon shape). Repeat with the yellow squash.
- Tear off two long pieces of aluminum foil (about 1½ feet each). Divide the zucchini and yellow squash between the two pieces of foil, gathering the squash in the middle of each sheet.
- Drizzle the squash with the olive oil. Sprinkle the squash with the Italian seasoning. Then, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place one of the chicken breasts on a cutting board and cover it with a piece of plastic wrap. Use a mallet to pound the chicken thin and flat (about ½ inch thickness throughout). Repeat with the other chicken breast.
- Divide the tomato mixture between the two chicken breasts. Arrange the tomato mixture in a strip 1 inch away from one of the edges of the chicken. Starting with the edge closest to the filling, roll the chicken around the filling. Use 2-3 toothpicks to secure the seam. Try to keep the toothpicks from sticking too far out of the chicken or else they could puncture the foil.
- Place the stuffed chicken breasts on top of the squash piles. Sprinkle each chicken breast with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bring the longest ends of the foil up over the chicken and roll them together. Then roll the short ends in, making sealed packets. Place the packets on a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until the center of the chicken is 165 degrees F. Let them cool for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the chicken with extra balsamic vinegar before serving.
Source : allrecipes.com