- 1 recipe All Butter Pie Crust or one refrigerated crust (from a pack of 2)
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped candy and/or chocolate chips (see note)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare pie crust as directed and press into a 9” pie plate. Chill until filling is ready.
- Place baking chocolates and butter in a large microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second increments, stirring between each, until melted and smooth (about 2 minutes depending on your microwave).
- Stir sugar into chocolate mixture, then stir in eggs until well mixed. Add the vanilla, cocoa, and salt and stir until smooth, then carefully stir in the flour. Stir in candy.
- Pour batter into the pie crust. Place pie onto a cookie sheet. Cover the pie crust with a pie crust shield or strips of foil. Bake for 38-48 minutes, until the top is cracked. The pie shown in the photos was baked for 38 minutes (a toothpick came out wet) and the center is very gooey, which is how we like it. The center won’t turn to a crumbly brownie texture because of the crust – it’ll stay pretty fudgy, but if you like it more done, cook it longer, until less wet more crumbs stick to the toothpick. Your choice! Just be sure to remove the foil strips or pie shield after about 20-25 minutes of baking so that it has time to become slightly golden brown.
- Cool the pie completely before slicing and serving with ice cream or whipped cream. Store covered at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze slices for up to one month.
Source : allrecipes.Com