- 125 g soft butter
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 egg
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tbs icing sugar *to decorate
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbs custard powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 egg
- STEP 1Prepare butterscotch filling by combining brown sugar and custard powder in a small saucepan. Gradually stir in milk.
- STEP 2Stir constantly over heat until mixture boils and thickens then stir in butter.
- STEP 3Cool 5 minutes then stir in egg.
- STEP 4Combine all cake ingredients in large bowl and mix with electric mixer until well combined and smooth and lighter in colour.
- STEP 5Spread half into a greased 20 cm ring pan and pour butterscotch mixture evenly over cake batter.
- STEP 6Top with remaining cake mixture.
- STEP 7Bake in moderate oven for 30-40 minutes until cooked.
- STEP 8Stand for 10 minutes before turning on to wire rack to cool.
- STEP 9Dust top with icing sugar when cold.
Source : Bestrecipes.com.au