Yield: 4 servings
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth (better yet, use homemade stock)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 cups (20 oz) butternut squash, cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the chicken broth, kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and thyme.
- Add the butternut squash. Bring to a boil over high heat, then lower heat to medium, cover, and cook until butternut squash is very tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Puree in batches in blender or food processor, or with an immersion blender.
- Return the soup to the pot. Turn heat back on to medium. Stir in the heavy cream and Parmesan and cook just until heated through, about 2 more minutes.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 142; Fat: 7g; Carbohydrates: 16g; Sugar: 0g; Sodium: 437mg;Fiber: 4g; Protein: 5g