Every holiday, we used to have an assigned family that would take care of that specific meal.
Thanksgiving went to an Aunt and Uncle, Christmas to Grandma and Grandpa, and Easter was Mom and Dad’s turn. As we all got older though, it wasn’t quite so easy for these guys to make dinner for our growing families. Now all of us have our own kids, and we are the Aunts and Uncles and Moms and Dads and those that once held that position are the Grandmas and Grandpas.
After a few of us got married, it was suggested that we started doing potlucks instead of making one person cook for nearly fifty people. I never had a problem with it. In fact, it sounded perfect for me.
That way we can get all different kinds of foods instead of the same thing every time we went. I found this recipe on Group Recipes for broccoli and rice and it was so simple and delicious, it’s now my go-to meal for every holiday.
If I don’t bring it, everyone always is wondering what happened to the popular dish!
BROCCOLI CHEDDAR CASSEROLE RECIPE
4 Cup (64 tbs), chopped Broccoli
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) Onion
1 Cup (16 tbs) skim milk
1 Cup (16 tbs) cheddar cheese
2 Tablespoon water
1⁄2 Teaspoon ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Coat the small casserole with cooking spray.
3. Heat skillet to medium, and add broccoli, onion, and water. Cook for 8 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, combine milk, eggs, 3/4 of the cheese, and pepper in large bowl. Set aside.
5. When broccoli mixture is finished cooking, add it to the egg mixture and stir briefly.
6. Fill the bottom of the bigger casserole dish with about 1 inch of water.
7. Place the egg/broccoli mixture into the smaller casserole dish.
8. Put the smaller dish into the bigger dish.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, uncovered.
10. Remove from oven, remove small casserole dish from big one.
11. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the casserole and serve.
PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE LINK BUTTON OR OPPEN BUTTON BELOW FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES AND DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY ON FACEBOOK.