2 tablespoons butter, softened
10 slices French toast, homemade or store-bought
½ cup maple syrup
8 scrambled eggs
½ cup diced ham
2/3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup potato, shredded with box grater
Pinch of salt and pepper
1 tablespoon oil (such as canola or olive) or melted butter
1. If making French toast, beat three eggs with three teaspoons vanilla extract, 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon and ¾ cup bread.
2. Dip each bread slice in egg mixture, turning to coat well on both sides.
3. Cook bread slices on lightly buttered pan, until lightly browned on each side. Set aside.
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Grease a square casserole dish with butter in one light, even coat.
3. Lay five pieces of (thawed, toasted) French toast (with one cut in half lengthwise), or whatever fits your dish, into casserole pan to cover bottom in one even layer. Drizzle ¼ cup maple syrup on top of toast.
4. Take half of your scrambled eggs and spread them across toast, distributed evenly. Top with half of the ham, then add all of cheese.
5. Add another layer of French toast, then top with maple syrup, then the remaining eggs. Sprinkle the rest of the ham on top, and then add top layer of hash browns. Top with salt and pepper, then drizzle oil or melted butter on top to ensure that the potatoes get nice and crispy.
6. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and enjoy your sweet, savory breakfast feast.
Source : allrecipes.Com