- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat free buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute (like EggBeaters)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place oats in a food processor; pulse 5 to 6 times or until oats resemble coarse meal. Place in a large bowl.
- Add in flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir well.
- In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk, oil, vanilla, lemon zest and liquid egg substitute. Then add to flour mixture; stir just until moist.
- Gently fold blueberries into batter. Spoon batter into 16 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center.
- Remove from pans immediately; place on a wire rack.
Source : allrecipes.com