- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, optional, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350º and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter or nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt, and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, oil, butter, egg and vanilla extract until combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined, then fold in blueberries and almonds, if using.
- Transfer mixture to greased baking dish and place in oven.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until oats are tender and cooked through.
- Serve warm, sprinkled with more almonds, and enjoy!
Source : allrecipes.com