- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 2½ cups frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 – 15 ounce package refrigerated pie crust (2 crusts)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, ½ cup of sugar, lemon zest, and egg and stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl, toss the blueberries with ¼ cup of sugar, lemon juice, and flour. Place one pie crust on a baking sheet lined with parchment and cut into quarters with a sharp knife. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture into the center of each quarter. Then spoon 2 tablespoons of the blueberry mixture on top. Brush the edges with heavy cream and fold the crust over to create triangles.
- Crimp edges of the pies to seal. Brush tops of pies with more heavy cream and sprinkle with ½ tablespoon of sugar. Repeat with second pie crust and fillings.
- Cut a small vent in the top of each pie with a sharp knife and bake until golden, 20 -25 minutes, rotating the baking sheets in the oven halfway through.
- Let the pies cool completely on wire racks before serving.
Source : allrecipes.com