- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons lowfat (1%) milk
- 2 cups walnut halves
- 1 pound seedless grapes, rinsed (about 60 grapes)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place walnuts in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking time. When golden and aromatic, remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Place walnuts in a food processor. Pulse several times until they resemble bread crumbs. (Be careful not to over-chop!) Return walnut crumbs to the medium bowl.
- Wipe out the food processor and add cheese, cream and milk. Process until smooth and scrape into another medium bowl.
- Cover a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Pierce each grape with a toothpick. One at a time, dip a grape into the blue cheese mixture and then into the walnut crumbs. Use your hand to cover grape evenly with walnut crumbs. Arrange grape on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining grapes and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Note: Mix any leftover blue cheese mixture with the remaining walnut crumbs, thin it with a bit of milk and you have a dressing for a salad or a dip for crudités or chips.
- Per Serving: Serving size: about 6 grapes
- 220 calories (170 from fat)
- 19g total fat
- 5g saturated fat
- 20mg cholesterol
- 120mg sodium
- 12g carbohydrates
- 2 g dietary fiber
- 8g sugar
- 5g protein