- 1 pound (16 ounce package) Fettuccine – can substitute any pasta you like
- 1 small onion, diced (about ⅔ cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ pound bacon, cut into bite sized pieces (I used about 8 thick cut slices)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved (I quartered Campari tomatoes – 2cups)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 large handful of organic baby arugula & spinach leaves
- ⅓ cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil flavored with finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- Grated Parmesan Romano Cheese for serving
- In a small bowl or glass, pour olive oil and add in about ½ Tablespoon chopped basil leaves. Set aside.
- Place bacon in a large skillet, over medium high heat and cook until crisp. Meanwhile, in another pot, cook pasta according to package instructions. Place crisp bacon on a paper towel lined plate to drain any grease. Reserve 1 Tablespoon of bacon grease, and remove the rest from the pan. When bacon is cool enough to handle, cut it into bite sized pieces.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of grease back to pan, and add in garlic and onions. Cook until onions are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, and stir and heat until warm. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add bacon back in.
- Drain pasta and add to skillet, toss with tomatoes and onions, add in basil, spinach and arugula, drizzle with flavored olive oil and toss with warm pasta. Serve immediately topped with shredded Parmesan and Romano cheese.
Source : allrecipes.Com