smart points 4
Prep time: 16 min
Cook time: 15 min
Other time: 0 min
- 4 large flour tortilla(s)
- 1 large egg white(s), lightly beaten
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- 4 slice(s) uncooked turkey bacon
- 3/4 cup(s) light sour cream
- 1/4 cup(s) light mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp uncooked onion(s), sweet-variety, finely chopped
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, or distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 3/4 cup(s) fresh tomato(es), fresh, diced
- 1/2 cup(s) arugula, thinly shredded
- 1 Tbsp fresh tomato(es), fresh, diced (for garnish)
- 1/8 cup(s) arugula, thinly shredded (for garnish)
- To make chips, place oven rack in middle position. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Brush one side of each tortilla with egg white and then sprinkle with poppy seeds. Using a pizza slicer or a knife, cut each tortilla into 10 wedges; place on prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Bake until slightly golden and crisp, about 8 to 10 minutes; remove chips to a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, to make dip, cook turkey bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and crisp, about 5 to 6 minutes. Drain bacon on paper towels and then tear or chop into small pieces; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together sour cream, mayonnaise, onion, vinegar, salt and pepper until blended. Reserve 1 tablespoon of bacon for garnish. Add remaining bacon, 3/4 cup tomato and 1/2 cup arugula to sour cream mixture; stir until combined. Transfer to a serving bowl; cover and refrigerate at least 15 minutes for flavors to blend.
- Garnish dip with remaining bacon, tomato and arugula just before serving; serve with chips. Yields 5 chips and about 1/4 cup dip per serving.
- If you’d like to make the dip more than a few hours in advance, leave out the tomatoes until ready to serve because they can make the dip watery.The chips can be made several days ahead and stored in an air-tight container.Sprinkle the chips with salt before baking, if desired.