- 3 tablespoons ketjap manis
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 kg raw blue swimmer crabs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 -2 red chile, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- Put kecap manis, oyster sauce, sugar and 3 tablespoons water in a small bowl, stir, then set aside.
- Pull back the apron of each crab, remove top shell, then intestines and feathery gills. Rinse quickly.
- Cut each crab into quarters and crack the legs gently (I use a meat mallet) so the flavours can enter.
- Heat the oil in a very large wok over high heat; add the crab pieces and stir fry in batches until the shell is bright orange and the meat almost cooked (about 5 minutes). Remove and repeat until all is cooked.
- Add the butter, ginger, garlic, chilli, black and white peppers and coriander to the wok; stir fry 30 seconds.
- Add the sauce mixture and stir; bring to the boil, then simmer 2 minutes.
- Return the crab to the wok and toss to coat in the sauce.
- Cook a further 2-3 minutes to finish cooking the crab then garnish with the spring onions and coriander leaves.
- Serve at once.
Source : allrecipes.Com