– 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken or turkey breast
– 4-1/2 cups cooked great northern beans
– 2 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
– 2 cups thick and chunky salsa
– 1 cup shredded 2% reduced-fat Mozzarella cheese
– Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
1. Cook and shred the chicken or turkey breast, set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, mix together the beans, broth and salsa. Heat through and add extra broth, if desired.
3. Stir in the meat and cheese and top with cilantro, if desired. Serve hot.
Nutritional Information :
Yield: 8 Servings.
Serving Size: 1 Cup
Carb Choices: 1-1/2
PER SERVING: Calories: 230, Total Fat 4g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 30mg, Sodium 230mg, Carbohydrates 24g, Fiber 8g, Protein 26g