- 1 pound (3-4 cups) zucchini and yellow squash, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- vegetable oil or non-stick spray
- In batches, place squash and zucchini between layers of paper towels and squeeze out excess moisture. Once drained, transfer to a large bowl.
- To the vegetables, add onion, scallions, eggs, and paprika, then season generously with salt and pepper.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl near workstation.
- Heat a large skillet, pan, or griddle over medium-high heat and add 1/4inch oil to pan (or non-stick spray if using griddle).
- Begin making croquettes by taking 2 tablespoons zucchini mixture and forming it into a patty.
- Dredge both sides of patty in flour, then shake off excess.
- Once hot, drop floured zucchini patties down into oil, making sure to not overcrowd the pan, and cook until golden brown on both sides. 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to drain, then serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Farm Flavor