- 12 Slices | Serving Size: 1 Slice |
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt, plain, low-fat
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- NOTE: The fats in this recipe are primarily from heart healthy Omega 3’s in the nuts. To reduce the saturated fat to 2 grams per slice, simply leave out the nuts.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream coconut oil and honey. Add egg, zucchini, yogurt, and vanilla, mix on low until combined.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to batter. Mix on medium speed just until combined. Stir in nuts.
- Spray a standard size loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour batter into loaf pan. Bake 50-55 minutes or until a fork inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 15 minutes in pan before removing and cooling completely on a wire rack.
- Cut into slices.
Nutritional Info :
Calories: 289 | Total Fat: 13 g | Saturated Fat: 6 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 18 mg | Sodium: 18 mg | Carbohydrates: 37 g | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 19 g | Protein: 7 g | SmartPoints: 12