Best Turtle Brownies Recipe
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), melted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1¼ cup pecans, roughly chopped, divided
- ¾ cup Easy Caramel Sauce or store bought, divided
- ¼ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (may sub regular size)
- Chocolate Frosting
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup (may substitute honey)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Brownies: Add butter, sugar and cocoa powder to stand or hand mixer and beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Add eggs to the batter one at a time, beating after each addition just until incorporated. Beat in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon then beat into batter just until combined. Add 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and ¾ cups chopped pecans to batter and stir until just combined. Pour batter evenly into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Let pan cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes then poke holes all over with the back of a wooden spoon. Pour ½ cup caramel over brownies and spread into holes with a spatula. Refrigerate brownies for one hour or freeze for 30 minutes to let the caramel set. Meanwhile, prepare the Chocolate Frosting.
- Chocolate Frosting: Beat butter, cocoa, corn syrup and vanilla in small bowl until blended. Add powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons milk and beat until smooth, adding additional milk if needed to reach spreading consistency.
- Once caramel has set, frost brownies with Chocolate Frosting (you don’t have to use all of it but I highly recommend it!). Sprinkle evenly with ½ cup chopped pecans, ¼ cup mini chocolate chips and drizzle with ¼ cup caramel.
- You can serve immediately or refrigerate to allow frosting to set and make cutting easier. I LOVE to microwave my brownie serving for 15 seconds or so before devouring.
Source : allrecipes.com