- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 (14½ oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilis
- 2 cups (16 oz) cottage cheese
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inch) torn
- 4 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- crushed tortillas (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- cubed avocados (optional)
- In a large skillet cook ground beef until no longer pink. Add seasoned salt, taco seasoning mix, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and chilis. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for about 15-20 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the cottage cheese and eggs. Grease a 9×13 inch pan.
- Layer half of the meat sauce in the bottom of the 9×13 pan. Next, layer half of the torillas, them cottage cheese, and half of the cheese. Repeat layers ending with cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with optional toppings.
- Serve immediately or before baking, cover and freeze up to 3 months.
Source : allrecipes.com