- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken or turkey
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn (thawed in a colander under warm running water)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Homemade Taco Seasoning (or 1 store-bought packet)
- 2 (8-ounce) cans crescent rolls
- Optional garnishes: diced tomatoes, sliced black olives, chopped cilantro, sour cream, salsa
- Position rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine diced chicken/turkey, black beans, corn, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and taco seasoning. Mix until well combined.
- Open both cans of crescent rolls and separate dough into a total of 16 triangles. Set out a large pizza pan or baking sheet. With the long points pointing outward like sun beans, arrange the triangles so that their short sides form a 5-inch circle in the center. The triangles will overlap.
- Use a spoon to mound the chicken/turkey mixture along the inner half of the crescent rolls. Then bring the outer point of each triangle down over the top of the chicken/turkey mixture and tuck the dough under the interior circle.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before garnishing with tomatoes, black olives, and cilantro. Serve warm with salsa and/or sour cream.
If the chicken/turkey mixture is too thick to mix, add a splash of water or salsa to make it easier to stir, but don’t add too much or it will become runny and ooze out of the crescent ring while baking.
When arranging the triangles, I keep them evenly spaced by laying them out like a compass…north, south, east, and west. Then I fill in northeast, southeast, southwest, and northwest. Then I put the remaining triangles in the 8 spaces between the first 8 triangles.
You may mix up the chicken/turkey mixture ahead of time and refrigerate until you’re ready to assemble your crescent ring.