- 6 Pointsplus, 7 Smartpoints
- Makes 4 Servings
- Ingredients :
- – 1 pound boneless round steak, 3/4 ” thick trimmed
– 1/4 tsp each salt & pepper
– Nonstick cooking spray
– 2 Tbs all purpose flour
– 1 can ( 14 1/2 oz) low sodium tomatoes cut up in juice
– 2 stalks celery cut 1/4 ” pieces
– 1 large onion cut into wedges
– 3/4 cup frozen corn
– 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Cut the steak into 4 pieces. Pound steak until it is 1/2-in. thick. Sprinkle steak on both sides
with salt & pepper.
Coat a 12-in. skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over moderately high heat. Brown steak,
and cook for about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a 9x13x2 baking dish.
Stir flour into the drippings in the skillet. Stir in the tomatoes, celery, onion. corn, and
Bring to a boil over moderate heat and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Pour mixture
over the meat in the baking dish.
Cover and bake 75 minutes. or until the meat is tender.
- Nutritional Info :
Calories 236; fat 7g; protein 26g; carbs 17g; fiber 4g