- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound sausage (I used a spicy sausage but you can use mild if you do not like the heat)
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup white rice, cooked
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish, if desired
- shredded cheese for serving, if desired
- In a large pot or cast iron pot heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add in sausage and brown.
- Drain sausage and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the same pot.
- Add in the onion and bell pepper and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
- Pour in beef broth, diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes and Italian seasoning.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
- Stir in rice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately with parsley and a sprinkle of cheese on top of each bowl.
Source : allrecipes.Com