- 1 can (12 ounces) fat free evaporated milk
- 5 cups vanilla almond milk, divided use
- ¾ cup uncooked long grain white rice
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4-Quart
- Grease the inside of your slow cooker.
- Combine the rice, evaporated milk, 4 cups of the almond milk, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours, stirring every 1 to 2 hours, until the rice is tender and creamy.
- Place the eggs and remaining 1 cup of almond milk in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Whisk ½ cup of the hot rice mixture into the eggs. And then ½ cup more. (This helps to slowly warm them so they don’t scramble when add them to the slow cooker.)
- Slowly stir the egg mixture back into the slow cooker, stirring constantly.
- Cover and continue to cook on LOW for 10 minutes more until thickened and creamy.
- If the mixture seems to stiff, slowly stir in a little more almond milk until you achieve the desired consistency.
- Pour the rice pudding into a serving bowl.
- Allow to cool for about 30 minutes.
Source : allrecipes.Com