- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup tomato sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- crusty bread, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Combine milk and cream cheese in a small saucepan over medium heat and whisk together until smooth.
- Mix in 1/2 cup mozzarella, parmesan cheese and garlic powder, and stir until melted. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until thickened.
- Pour mixture into an ovenproof dish and use a rubber spatula or spoon to smooth out.
- Pour tomato sauce on top of cheese mixture and smooth out evenly, then sprinkle remaining mozzarella over the top.
- Season with basil, oregano, salt and pepper and top with pitted olives, if using.
- Place baking dish in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately with crusty bread slices.
Source : allrecipes.Com