- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ½ cup small soup pasta (orzo, shells, alphabets, etc)
- Sprinkle dried marjoram and grated parmesan as garnish, if desired
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 2-Quart.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the onion, garlic and olive oil. Microwave, stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the onion mixture to the slow cooker.
- Add the mushrooms, broth, wine, bay leaf, thyme, and Italian seasoning.
- Cover and cook on LOW 2 to 3 hours until mushrooms are tender. Add the peas and pasta and cook until pasta is tender 10 to 20 minutes more.
- Remove the bay leaf and thyme sprigs.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm, garnished with grated parmesan.
Source : allrecipes.Com