- 6 SERVINGS
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sake or soju
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- salt, to taste
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the soy sauce, mirin, sugar and sake; bring to a boil. Simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture has reduced to about 1/4 cup (about 12 minutes)- it will be rather syrupy.
- Let cool.
- Then whisk in the mayonnaise and lime juice, and season with salt.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to use with salmon. If it thickens up too much, just heat it a bit to soften it.
- Drizzle over salmon and marinate for about an hour before grilling or baking.
- You can brush the sauce on while cooking if you’d like too.