In this version, the fries are coated in olive oil and yummy seasonings, then baked until tender.
- 1 jicama (1 lb.), peeled and cut into ¼-inch-thick fries
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with foil and fit it with a cooling rack.
- Place the jicama strips in a microwave-safe bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of water. Cover, and microwave for 15 minutes, stopping once to gently stir.
- In a large bowl, toss the jicama fries with the olive oil and the spices. Arrange on the cooling rack. Bake 45 minutes, until browned. Serve immediately.