Yield: 9 squares
- ½ tablespoon butter for pan
- ½ cup creamy roasted almond butter
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a square 8-inch baking dish with butter.
- In a large bowl, with a hand whisk, whisk together the almond butter and eggs.
- Whisk in the maple and vanilla.
- Add the salt, cocoa powder, and finally the baking soda, whisking to incorporate.
- Use a rubber spatula to transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish. Tap the baking dish a few times to evenly distribute the batter. At this point, you can cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake 15-17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until puffed and set and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan, on a cooling rack, for 10 minutes, then cut into 9 squares and serve.
Based on this recipe for gluten free honey cake. After making the honey cake, I just KNEW I could add cocoa powder to the batter and turn into an amazing gluten free chocolate cake.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 square; Calories: 139; Fat: 10g; Carbohydrates: 10g; Sugar: 6g;Sodium: 120mg; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 4g