Yield: 16 slices
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil for pan
- 5 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons (70 grams) refined coconut oil, gently melted in microwave
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1¾ cup (7 oz) almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch loaf pan (a 9-inch pan will be too big).
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs. Whisk in the coconut oil, vinegar, salt, almond flour and finally the baking soda.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake until bread is golden-brown and set, and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack before gently releasing the bread from the pan (carefully run a knife along edges if needed). Cool to room temperature, about 20 minutes more, before slicing and serving.
- Keep leftovers in a ziploc bag in the fridge for a few days, or freeze.
I use refined coconut oil to keep the flavor neutral and non-coconutty. Feel free to use virgin coconut oil if you don’t mind the flavor, and especially if you plan to use this bread with sweet toppings (honey, jam, nut butters) or unsalted butter.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 slice; Calories: 131; Fat: 12g; Carbohydrates: 3g; Sugar: 0g;Sodium: 83mg; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 5g