- 2 eggplant (about 1 1/2 pounds each), peeled and each cut lengthwise into 4 thin slices
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/4 cups tomato-basil marinara sauce (no more than 2g fat per serving)
- 1/3 cup shredded fontina or mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place your oven rack 5-inch from the heat. Preheat your oven’s broiler. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick spray. Arrange the eggplant slices on the baking sheet. Broil, without turning, until deep golden brown- about 6 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9×13-inch (or slightly smaller) dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil and add onions and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta, parsley and oregano. Stir in the onion mixture. Spread a couple of teaspoonfuls of the ricotta mixture onto the pale side of each eggplant slice. Spread to cover. Roll up each slice to enclose the filling. Place the eggplant rolls, seam-side-down, in the prepared baking dish.
- Spoon the marinara sauce on top of the rolls. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and Parmesan.
- Bake until the eggplant is browned and the sauce is bubbly, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
Source : recipegirl.com