Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Yield: 14 egg muffins
- Nonstick olive oil spray (make your own using a spray bottle)
- 12 large eggs
- ½ cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup sharp cheddar, shredded
- ½ cup chopped green onions (green part)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place 14 silicone muffin cups on the foil and spray the cups with nonstick spray. It’s important to use silicone cups in this recipe – the eggs tend to stick to a metal muffin tin and even to paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, black pepper and coconut flour.
- With a fork, mix in the cheese and onions.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups, almost to the edge.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, or until muffins are set, puffed and lightly browned, and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow the egg muffins to cool for 5 minutes until easier to handle, then remove to a wire rack.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 egg muffin; Calories: 106; Fat: 7g; Carbohydrates: 1.5g;Sugar: 0g; Sodium: 195mg; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 8g
Adapted from Kalyn’s Kitchen.