- 4-6 servings
- 1 large whole chicken (about 4 1/2 pounds), deboned (ask the butcher to do it for you)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Salt the chicken with 1 teaspoon of salt 1 to 3 hours prior to cooking and reserve in the refrigerator until 10 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat the broiler. Put the chicken, skin-side up, on a rimmed sheet pan and place it under the broiler, about 3 inches from the heat, to brown and crisp the skin, about 10 minutes, rotating the pan a few times for even browning.
- Turn the oven temperature down to 250°F and cook for 25 minutes.
- Cut the chicken into entrée-size pieces, transfer to a platter and prepare to be blown away.