- 1 Box Orange Jell-o (4 serving size)
- 8 oz tub whipped topping such as Cool Whip, divided
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- zest of one orange (optional)
- ⅔ cup Boiling water
- ½ cup ice
- 1 store bought (or homemade) graham cracker crust
- Canned or Jarred Mandarin Oranges for garnish (optional)
- In bowl, combine Jell-o powder with ⅔ cup boiling water. Stir until powder is completely dissolved. Place ½ cup ice into a 1-cup measuring cup and top to 1 cup with cold water. Add to the Jell-o mixture and stir until ice is almost melted. Discard ice.
- In a large bowl, fold together Jell-o mixture, orange extract, orange zest if using and ⅔ of the tub of Cool Whip (reserve the remaining ⅓ for topping). Pour the mixture into the pie crust and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Decorate with remaining cool whip and mandarin oranges if desired.
Source : allrecipes.Com