|2 tbsp butter|
|1 onion, chopped|
|1 clove garlic, chopped|
|1 stalk celery, chopped|
|14 1⁄2 oz can chicken broth|
|4 cup broccoli|
|3 tbsp butter|
|3 tbsp flour|
|2 cup milk, (or 1 1/2 cups milk and 1/2 cup evaporated milk)|
|1 black pepper|
|1⁄2 cup Velveeta cheese, (or more)|
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in medium sized stock pot, and sauté onion, garlic and celery until tender.
- Add broccoli and broth; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Purée soup (I use a hand blender) or mash with potato masher.
- Return to heat.
- In small saucepan, over medium heat melt 3 tablespoons butter, stir in flour and add milk.
- Stir until thick and bubbly, add to soup.
- Add cheese; stir until melted.
- Season with pepper and serve.
Source : allrecipes.Com