This next breakfast recipe is a family favorite. Imagine a Cinnamon Bun in cake form. I can tell you right now that it is AMAZING! That’s what today’s cinnamon Bun cake is – a simple and delicious cake that tastes like a cinnamon roll. It’s pretty much a family favorite and has become a favorite, just like our easy coffee cake recipe.
Today’s cinnamon cake recipe is seriously so gooey and delicious. We have made it so many times that it has become a holiday morning must-have. If you love the idea of a cake version of cinnamon rolls, then you have to try this recipe.
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 T butter, melted
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 T flour
- 1 T cinnamon
- 2/3 cups nuts (optional)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 T milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- With an electric mixer or stand-up mixer, mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, milk, eggs, and vanilla.
- Once combined well, slowly stir in 4 T melted butter. Pour batter into a greased 9×13″ baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the 2 sticks of softened butter, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nuts until well combined.
- Drop evenly over cake batter by the tablespoon and use a knife to marble/swirl through the cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out nearly clean from center.
- Place powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth. Drizzle over warm cake.Serve warm (we like it straight out of the oven) or at room temperature.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE.. PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE LINK BUTTON OR OPPEN BUTTON BELOW FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!