I found this recipe not too long ago and for the life of me I can’t remember where. I’m sure it was one of the cooking blogs I follow…but I can’t recall which one. It might have been mommyskitchen.net. She’s got a lot of fun stuff over there. I say all that to say this. You’ve gotta try Christmas Crack!! It’s so good and sure does live up to its name cuz this stuff is addicting!! It makes quite a bit…I filled up two gallon sized zip-top bags. It’s great for parties…one of those things that people will mindlessly munch on while chatting or take it to a cookie/treat exchange! Adults and kids alike will love it!
- 1 12.8-ounce box Rice Chex cereal
- 1 12-ponce box Golden Grahams cereal
- 1 7-ounce bag shredded coconut
- 1 4-ounce bag slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 cups butter (3…yes 3…sticks of butter)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups corn syrup
- Combine Rice Chex and Golden Grahams, coconut and almonds in a large mixing bowl.
Stir to combine.
- In a large sauce pan, cook butter, sugar and corn syrup to the “soft ball” stage…about 234 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Pour over cereal mixture and stir until all is well coated.
- Pour mixture out onto 2 large cookie sheets to cool.
- Stir it around occasionally to prevent clumping. Store in an airtight container.
PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE LINK BUTTON OR OPPEN BUTTON BELOW FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES AND DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY ON FACEBOOK.