- Prep time:
- Cook time:
- Total time:
- Author: The Gunny Sack
- Recipe type: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serves: 11
- 12 caramels (I used Kraft)
- 2 tsp heavy whipping cream
- 22 Ritz crackers
- 4 squares chocolate almond bark
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- Optional: whole pecans, sea salt
- Place caramels and whipping cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and then stir. Microwave for an additional 15 seconds and stir. Continue heating and stirring at 15 second intervals until smooth. Watch carefully so that the caramel sauce doesn’t boil over or burn.
- Allow the sauce to cool and thicken, at room temperature, for about 8-10 minutes, stirring often to keep it smooth.
- Plop about 1 teaspoon of the caramel in the center of 11 Ritz crackers.
- Top each with another cracker and squish the caramel so that it spreads out.
- Place the caramel sandwiches in the fridge for an hour for the caramel to harden.
- Melt chocolate almond bark in the microwave and dip the sandwich cookies in the chocolate.
- Place them on a silicone mat or a piece of parchment paper. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Allow the chocolate to set and harden at room temperature.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge.
- Optional: Use whole pecans instead of chopped pecans. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.
Source: Turtle Cookies