- 1 unbaked 9-inch crust
- 2 large eggs
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon flour, spooned and leveled
- 3/4 cup (1 and 1/2 sticks) butter, very soft**
- 1 and 1/4 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (if you must. I wisely left them out.)
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve
- hot fudge or ganache, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Lay out your pie crust in a 9-inch pie pan. Crimp the edges however you like. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat 2 eggs until they are light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and salt and mix.
- Beat in both sugars, then add the flour. Beat well.
- Add the very soft butter. (If it’s cold it’s won’t beat in and you will get butter chunks in your batter, which will not turn out well.) Beat well, scraping sides and bottom of bowl.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix. The batter is super grainy! It’s supposed to be thin, don’t add more flour.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pie crust and smooth it out.
- Bake at 325 for 50-55 minutes. Test the pie with a knife or toothpick, halfway between the edge of the pie and center. If it comes out clean it’s done.
- Cool completely. Or stick it in the freezer for 15 minutes and devour while it’s hot and melty.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream! Or a tall glass of milk.
Source : allrecipes.Com