“This is a great dish for when you do not have much time to make dinner, but you want something that has substance and will fill you up! You can use any kind of cheese on top.”
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/4 cup taco sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute the beef and onion for 5 to 10 minutes, or until meat is browned and onion is tender; drain fat. Add the celery, chili, tomatoes, taco sauce and corn. Heat thoroughly, reduce heat to low and allow to simmer.
- Meanwhile, prepare the noodles according to package directions. When cooked, place them in a 9×13 inch baking dish. Pour the meat mixture over the noodles, stirring well. Top with the cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted and bubbly.