- 8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti or lo mein noodles
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chile-garlic sauce, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon canola oil plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 3 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 2 red, orange or yellow bell peppers, sliced
- 6 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced, divided
- Cook spaghetti (or noodles) according to package directions. Drain.
Combine sherry, lime zest and juice, soy sauce, chile-garlic sauce and brown sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a 14-inch flat-bottom wok over high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil and swirl to coat the pan.
- Add eggs and tilt wok to create an omelet. Cook until set, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Turn the omelet over and cook 30 seconds more. Remove to a clean cutting board and cut into strips.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, mushrooms and bell peppers to the wok; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add cabbage. Reserve about 2 tablespoons of the scallions for garnish and add the rest to the wok. Stir-fry until all the vegetables are tender-crisp, about 2 minutes more. Add the chile-lime sauce and the noodles; toss to coat. Add the omelet strips and stir-fry until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes more. Serve sprinkled with the reserved scallions.
9 g fat
2 g sat
52 g carbohydrates
3 g total sugars
15 g protein
10 g fiber