Yield: 6 servings
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red peppers
- ½ (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (8 oz)
- 2 medium bell peppers, chopped (10 oz total)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 24 oz. cooked chicken breast, cubed
- 1 (26oz) box Pomi chopped tomatoes, or two (15 oz) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1-2 cups water
- In a small bowl, with a fork, mix together the seasoning ingredients to create a paste.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes. Add the onion, bell peppers, and one teaspoon kosher salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and the seasoning mixture and cook, stirring, 1 more minute.
- Add the tomatoes, bay leaves, the remaining salt and the black pepper. Add enough water to bring the chili to a thick stew consistency, 1-2 cups.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 257; Fat: 8g; Saturated fat: 1g; Carbohydrates: 17g; Sugar: 3g;Sodium: 583mg; Fiber: 5g; Protein: 28g