Serves: 10 slices
- 4 eggs
- 70 g sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 50 g flour
- 40 g cornflour
- 1 organic lemon
- 200 g low-fat quark cheese
- 200 g cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 450 g cherry jam
- To make the sponge cake: Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Beat the eggs, 50 g sugar and salt with a hand mixer at the highest level for about 7-8 minutes (until creamy).
- Gently fold the flour and cornflour into the composition, using a rubber spatula.
- Add the cake batter on baking paper and spread thin with a palette. Bake in the preheated oven at 200 degrees C on the 2nd shelf from the bottom for about 6-8 minutes.
- Place a kitchen towel on the work surface and sprinkle evenly with the remaining sugar.
- Add the biscuit base on the cloth. Brush the baking paper with a little warm water.
- Pull the baking paper out. Roll the biscuit base using the cloth, and set aside.
- Rinse the lemon in hot water, wipe dry and finely grate the peel. Cut the lemon in half, squeeze out 1 half. In a bowl, add 2 tsp lemon juice, lemon zest, Quark, cream cheese and maple syrup. Beat the mixture using a hand mixer for about 4-5 minutes (until creamy).
- Unroll the biscuit rolls. Using a piping bag, add the cottage cheese and jam, alternately adding stripes on the biscuit.Leave a 2 cm margin at the top edge. Roll the biscuit again from the wide side, using the kitchen towel. Refrigerate for about 2-3 hours, then cut into slices and serve.
Nutritional Info :
Calories: 275 Fat: 5 g Carbohydrates: 48 g Sugar: 25 g Fiber: 0.5 g Protein: 8 g Cholesterol: 101 mg