- Fire up the grill for BBQ Turkey Burgers tonight! BBQ Turkey Burgers are ultra-moist and tasty, making them a great alternative to traditional high-fat beef patties.
“Lean protein helps you stay fuller for longer,” Michaels tells us. “It has the amino acids that are the building blocks for muscle.”
- 1 pound ground dark-meat turkey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices sweet onion, grilled
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 (1.6-oz) sesame seed buns, toasted
1. In medium bowl, gently mix together turkey, garlic, paprika, and cumin.
2. Form turkey into 4 (4-inch) patties; season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat grill to medium-high; cook, turning once, until burgers are just cooked through (about 7 minutes per side). Serve with desired toppings and buns.
Watch the video: How to Make a BBQ Turkey Burger
|Calories per serving:||324|
|Fat per serving:||11g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2.7g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3.3g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||3.9g|
|Protein per serving:||28g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||28g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||75mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||387mg|
|Calcium per serving:||71mg|
Good to Know
Sweet onion is a tasty contradiction to tangy BBQ sauce. Try it with grilled pineapple too.