Beef Stroganoff Casserole: A Creamy and Comforting Delight
Beef Stroganoff Casserole is a modern twist on a classic Russian dish, bringing all the rich and savory flavors of Beef Stroganoff into a comforting casserole format. This dish is a creamy, dreamy indulgence that combines tender beef, earthy mushrooms, and a luscious sour cream sauce, all baked to perfection. Whether you’re craving a taste of nostalgic comfort or looking for a satisfying family dinner, join us as we delve into the art of creating Beef Stroganoff Casserole that will have everyone coming back for seconds.
For the Casserole:
- 1 pound egg noodles (or your preferred pasta)
- 1 pound lean beef stew meat, thinly sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish (optional)
Prepare the Noodles:
- Cook the egg noodles (or your preferred pasta) according to the package instructions until they are al dente. Drain and set aside.
Sear the Beef: 2. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the thinly sliced beef stew meat to the skillet. Season with salt, black pepper, and paprika.
- Sear the beef on all sides until it’s browned and cooked to your desired level of doneness. Transfer the beef to a plate and set it aside.
Sauté the Aromatics: 5. In the same skillet, add the chopped onion and minced garlic. Sauté for about 2-3 minutes until the onion becomes translucent and fragrant.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the skillet and continue to cook for another 5-7 minutes, or until they release their moisture and become tender. Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
Create the Sauce: 7. Pour in the beef broth and bring it to a simmer. Let it cook for a few minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the sour cream until it’s fully incorporated into the sauce.
Assemble the Casserole: 9. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large casserole dish, combine the cooked egg noodles, seared beef, and mushroom-onion mixture. Mix well to evenly distribute the ingredients.
- Pour the creamy sour cream sauce over the noodle and beef mixture, ensuring everything is well coated.
- Sprinkle the grated mozzarella cheese evenly over the top of the casserole.
Bake to Perfection: 13. Place the casserole dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the casserole is hot and bubbly, and the cheese has melted and turned golden brown.
Serve and Garnish: 14. Remove the Beef Stroganoff Casserole from the oven.
- If desired, garnish with freshly chopped parsley for a pop of color and freshness.
Enjoy the Creamy Comfort: 16. Serve your Beef Stroganoff Casserole hot, savoring the creamy, comforting flavors that meld together in every spoonful.
- Feel free to add extra vegetables like peas or bell peppers to the casserole for added color and nutrition.
- For a tangier twist, you can use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream in the sauce.
- Leftovers can be refrigerated and reheated, making this casserole a great choice for meal prep.
- Experiment with different types of cheese for a unique flavor profile.
Beef Stroganoff Casserole is a creamy and comforting delight that takes the flavors of a classic dish to new heights. With its tender beef, savory mushrooms, and a luxurious sour cream sauce, it’s a casserole that’s bound to become a family favorite. So, savor each creamy bite and let it transport you to a world of comfort and culinary bliss.