- 2 pounds lean stew beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- ½ cup tomato sauce (4 ounces canned)
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut in cubes
- 2 medium onions, sliced into wedges
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 2 cans (about 15 ounces each) cut canned string beans, drained
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Ideal Slow Cooker: 6-Quart
- Season the beef with salt and pepper, then toss with the flour to coat the meat.
- Grease the crock pot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the beef in the slow cooker.
- Stir in the broth, tomato sauce, potatoes, carrots, corn, green beans, garlic and thyme.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours, or until the beef and vegetables are fork-tender.
- Stir in chopped fresh parsley.
Source : allrecipes.Com