We know, beef liver sounds disgusting, but, with this recipe, the lowly beef liver will be transformed into a culinary masterpiece! Beef liver is rich in iron, and is often recommended as a food for people with iron deficiency. By pairing the beef with onions sautéed in butter, a sweetness is added to the dish that helps cut through some of the metallic liver taste. We are using beef liver in this recipe, but for a more mild taste, you can also use veal liver. Have you made this recipe?
Don’t believe the critics, liver’s delicious and good for you. Just be sure not to overcook it!
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb beef liver
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter
- oil, to taste
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh sage, minced
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon minced Italian parsley
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in bag.
- Slice the liver into 1/2 inch strips and shake in bag of seasonings to coat.
- Set aside.
- Heat skillet with 2-3 tablespoons of butter and a dash of oil.
- Saute the onions on medium heat until tender and glossy.
- Transfer to side dish and sprinkle with sage, salt and pepper.
- Return skillet to high heat, add 3-4 tablespoons butter and dash of oil.
- Add liver and sear 5 minutes until brown.
- Inside meat should be slightly pink.
- Return onions to pan til heated.
- Remove liver and onions from pan and plate.
- Use stock and wine to deglaze pan and reduce liquid til you have a thickened sauce.
- Pour over liver and onions, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Are We Friends on Pinterest?FOLLOW ME for more Great Recipes! @1krecipes